Premier Musical Theatre Company (Ages 12 - 18)
Performances: July 25 - 27, 2014
Torrance High School Auditorium
2200 W. Carson Street, Torrance
Director/Choreographer: Larry Watts
Music Director: Kathleen Sullivan
Music by: Mark Hollmann Book by: Greg Kotis Lyrics by: Mark Hollmann & Greg Kotis
Winner of three Tony Awards, including Best Book and Score, and one of the most uproariously funny musicals in recent years, URINETOWN is a hilarious tale of greed, corruption, love, and revolution in a time when water is worth its weight in gold. In a Gotham-like city, a terrible water shortage, caused by a 20-year drought, has led to a government-enforced ban on private toilets. The citizens must use public amenities, regulated by a single malevolent company that profits by charging admission for one of humanity's most basic needs. Amid the people, a hero decides he's had enough, and plans a revolution to lead them all to freedom! Inspired by the works of Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill, URINETOWN is an irreverently humorous satire in which no one is safe from scrutiny. Praised for reinvigorating the very notion of what a musical could be, URINETOWN catapults the “comedic romp” into the new millennium with its outrageous perspective, wickedly modern wit, and sustained ability to produce gales of unbridled laughter.
Urinetown is presented throughout special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. 421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019. Phone: 212-541-4684 www.MTIShows.com
Audition & Registration Information:
- Open to students ages 12 - 20; no experience necessary
- Auditions start at 1pm, Saturday, June 14, 2014 at the First Baptist Church of Palos Verdes, 28 Mocassin Lane, Rolling Hills Estates; Click here for map
- Bring a song of your choice. Sheet music is preferred, or you can bring a CD or MP3.
- Be prepared to learn a short dance number
- Please bring a completed Audition Form, signed and dated by you and your parent (if you are under age 18)
- Audition Form - Click here
- Registration Packet - Click here
- First rehearsal is Monday, June 23rd, 1 - 5pm
- Rehearsals scheduled every Monday - Friday, 1 - 5pm. Note: Rehearsal schedule subject to change; sometimes additional rehearsals are scheduled.
- Rehearsal location: First Baptist Church of Palos Verdes, 28 Moccasin Lane, Rolling Hills Estates; Click here for map.
- Tech rehearsals are Monday, July 21 thru Thursday, July 24th at the Torrance High School Auditorium in Torrance.
- Performance will be Friday, July 25th, Saturday. July 26th at 2pm & 7:30pm, and Sunday, July 27th at 2pm.
- Questions? Please call a SBC representative at (424) 262-9722.