Summer 2018 Musical Theater Program
Director and Choreographer, Larry Watts
Music Director, Kathleen Sullivan
This three-week musical theater program is designed to give
each student an individualized learning and performing experience!
Recommended ages 7 and up
Beginner to advanced students welcome!
~ Limited enrollment - 20 students maximum ~
3 Week Program
July 9 thru July 27
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 2:30pm
(1/2 hour longer per day than last year)
Tuition $650 (includes costume fees)
Audition, Rehearsal, and Performance Location
The First Baptist Church of Palos Verdes
28 Moccasin Lane, Rolling Hills Estates
Friday, July 27 & Saturday, July 28 at 8pm
Learn singing and performance techniques,
character development and dialogue, stage blocking and basic dance
Perform solo numbers and/or duets, and
fully staged ensemble numbers.
Our directors will weave the songs and ensemble numbers into a
one-of-a-kind, Cabaret show!
Audition Required for Song Selection
Saturday, May 19 at 1pm
Vocal numbers will be chosen specifically for individual students.
An audition is needed for our directors to hear you and
pick the perfect songs to showcase your talents!
Everyone will be accepted into the program until we reach maximum enrollment of 20.
- Auditions will be held on Saturday, May 19 at 1pm at the First Baptist Church of Palos Verdes, 28 Mocassin Lane, Rolling Hills Estates
- Sign-in for auditions will start at 12:45pm
- Bring a song of your choice that showcases your voice and performance abilities the best (at least 32 bars, but you may sing the entire song).
- Sheet music is strongly preferred by our directors and an accompanist will be available
- Music on CD or MP3 is acceptable.
- If you would like to request to sing your audition song at the show, you will need to provide the sheet music and the backing music to perform with (i.e. Karoke instrumental with no vocals). Our directors will need to approve your song choice.
- No acappella please.
- Young children who are new to theatre may have a parent come with them inside the audition room. If your child is too nervous to sing a prepared audition song, our music director may ask your child to sing along with some basic piano chords and/or a simple melody.
- Limited scholarships and payment plans are available - please contact SBC at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. Don't let money stand in your way - let's talk!
- Registration Forms - Coming soon
Non-Discrimination Policy: The South Bay Conservatory is a non-profit organization. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, sex, ethnic origin or religious belief in its admission, retention, student aid, scholarships or other policies.
Questions? Call SBC at (424) 262-9722 or Email: SouthBayConservatory@gmail.com