Spring 2018- SBC's Premier Company
AUDITIONS for the little Mermaid
Saturday, February 17, 2018 starting at 1pm by appointment - contact SBC to schedule at email@example.com or
call (424) 262-9722
Audition Form and Conflict List - Click here
Registration Forms - Click here
Online Registration - Click here
See below for details regarding audition process.
Saturday, February 17, 2018 (by invitation only)
6 - adult; all experience levels welcome.
Audition, Callback & Rehearsal Location: First Baptist Church of Palos Verdes, 28 Moccasin Lane, Rolling Hills Estates.
Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 10am. End time to be determined.
Saturdays, 10:00am - 4:00pm for full cast
- Actual call times for individual cast members will vary depending on the scenes being rehearsed. A detailed schedule with specific call times will be distributed after casting has been completed.
Thursdays*, 6:00pm - 9:00pm for principals and small groups as needed.
- Cast members may not be called every Thursday. Actual call times for individual cast members will vary depending on the scenes being rehearsed.
* Full cast may be called to Thursday rehearsals during last few weeks of rehearsal to practice run-through of entire show.
- In the event that we fall behind schedule due to excessive cast member absences, additional weekday rehearsals may be added for the full cast.
Tech rehearsals are Tuesday, April 24, Wednesday, April 25, and Thursday, April 26, 5:00 - 9:00pm
Friday, April 27 at 7:30pm
Saturday, April 28 at 2pm & 7:30pm
Tech & Performance Location:
James Armstrong Theatre, Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 Civic Center Drive, Torrance
Audition & Callback Process:
- Everyone who auditions will be cast in the show. The average cast size of recent shows has been 30 - 40 cast members.
- Fill out an Audition Form and Conflict List and bring with you to the audition.
- List all conflicts that you have with the rehearsal schedule; casting is based in part on cast member availability. Missing rehearsals has a negative impact on the cast and the rehearsal schedule.
- Bring a song of your choice that showcases your voice and performance abilities the best (at least 32 bars, but you may sing the entire song).
- Sheet music is strongly preferred by our directors and an accompanist will be available; however, music on CD or MP3 is acceptable.
- No acappella please.
- Young children who are new to theatre may have a parent come with them inside the audition room. If your child is too nervous to sing a prepared audition song, our music director may ask your child to sing along with some basic piano chords and/or a simple melody.
- There will be no dance audition; you may leave after your singing audition.
- Generally, everyone who auditions will be cast in the show; however, SBC reserves the right to limit the cast size in the event of a large turnout on a first come, first served basis.
- Callbacks are by invitation only; you may be invited to participate in the callback process at the audition or via email. Some casting decisions can be made at the audition, so some may be cast into roles without needing to participate in the callback process.
- Callbacks will consist of cold readings from the script, and you may be asked to sing portions of songs from the show. Our music director will work on the songs as a group and then you will be given the chance to sing individually. Prior to the callbacks, you should become familiar with the show and the music. You can find the script, soundtrack and performances of the show on the internet (there are several high school and college versions of the show on YouTube).
- The cast list will be sent to everyone via email prior to the first rehearsal; please allow a few days. Our directors do their best to cast the show in a way that maximizes the talents and abilities of the individual cast members, as well as to create the most realistic cast of characters. This takes many factors into consideration including height, age, look, sound, chemistry amongst other characters, and much more. When casting lead roles, preparedness, maturity, self-discipline and respect towards the directors and fellow cast members are taken into account. Leads are considered leaders not stars at SBC.
Registration and Tuition Information:
- Tuition based program - price includes all rehearsal materials (script, music tracks), costume(s) and costume cleaning fees. All other costs are optional, such as souvenir t-shirt, show photos and video, program ads, tickets, etc.
- SBC is an approved vendor with Sky Mountain Charter School, Inspire, and Excel Academy.
- Registration and Tuition are due no later than the first rehearsal on Saturday, February 24.
- Early registration discount if you sign-up and pay by Saturday, February 17.
Child 1 $595 / $625 after Feb.17
Child 2 $495 (sibling) / $525 after Feb. 17
Child 3 $395 (sibling) / $425 after Feb. 17
Adult Participant (no children in show) $595 / $625 after Feb. 17
Parent 1 $295 / $325 after Feb. 17
Parent 2 $295 / $325 after Feb. 17
- Limited scholarships and payment plans available - please contact SBC at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. Don't let money stand in your way of joining the cast of this exciting musical - let's talk!
- Registration Forms - Click here
Non-Discrimination Policy: The South Bay Conservatory is a non-profit organization. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, sex, ethnic origin or religious belief in its admission, retention, student aid, scholarships or other policies.
Director/Choreographer: Larry Watts
Music Director: Kathleen Sullivan
Music by: Alan Menken
Lyrics by: Howard Ashman and Glenn Slater
Book by: Doug Wright
THE LITTLE MERMAID is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-541-4684 Fax: 212-397-4684